Monday 17 February 2014

The Fixed Image

For this project we had to choose between 4 disciplines, photography, print, collage and 3d.
Naturally I chose 3d. They told us to choose something which we felt pushed ourselves out of our comfort zone, which I feel a bit bad about as I didn't do that at all, although I have really enjoyed this project and it's nice to be able to explore something I love.
The theme of the project was us and them. After thinking about it for a bit, I decided I didn't want to do anything too heavy, and that something more lighthearted would suit me a lot better. I thought it would be interesting to create a conflict between 2 groups of people who are different, but where there isn't actually tension between the groups in the real world. I thought it would draw attention to the silliness of actual conflicts that are based on irrelevant differences.
I thought of lots of different bodily things which could separate groups of people where comical conflicts could arise. I thought of, detached and attached ears, eye colour, short and tall people and other things, but ended up settling on bearded and shaven/balding men!
I thought it would be an interesting thing to show visually and my imagination was running wild thinking of beards coming to life and the like!
I decided to create an action shot style battle scene of the hair based conflict, and I created relevant weapons for both groups.


























The bearded men have hair growth serum as weapons and the hairless men have razors.
I was a bit disappointed that in the photos you can't easily read the text on the hair growth serum, although it's more obvious in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment